A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT WORKING AT THE LANG CAT
What you get in return for your effort is a working life which is:
- FLEXIBLE – lots of us have family and caring commitments outside work and we’ll do our best with all of it.
- VARIED – some days probably are the same, but not many.
- SUPPORTIVE – ‘no’ isn’t a word you’ll hear too often if you come up with stuff we should do either for ourselves or for one of our clients.
- CHALLENGING – we do push ourselves and we try to be honest with each other if something isn’t up to scratch. But in a supportive way.
- COLLEGIATE – we’re not sure that’s the right word, but the team is there for everyone. All you ever have to do is ask.
- OPEN – everyone gets to find out how we’re doing and we discuss the big decisions.
We’re always very keen to hear from ‘returners’ who are looking to re-enter the industry after a break.
We’re committed to being open to talented candidates irrespective of your gender, race, faith, sexuality and physical ability. What we care about is your ability to do the job. If you’re going to be working out of our Leith office then we’re pleased to say it’s wheelchair accessible.
These are full-time roles.
The Account Executive will be based at the lang cat’s beautiful, airy offices in Leith, Edinburgh, but with travel from time to time and some potential for hybrid working once you’re up and running. For the PR Manager role, we are thinking of it as an Edinburgh role – but if you’re not based here you might be able to convince us that your location isn’t important.
Both positions are permanent roles and come with a six month probationary period. Salary will depend on experience, but we expect the salary for the Account Executive will be around £20,000 and for the PR Manager, around £25,000.
There’s a pension scheme (8% unconditional), a bonus scheme, and 32 days’ holiday per year plus Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Working hours are flexible and you can work from home at least some of the time if you want. After three months you will qualify for a death in service benefit of 4 times gross salary. We have an extended benefits policy which gives access to certain additional health and wellbeing services. You get access to the office Sonos on the understanding that ritual humiliation of your music taste will be guaranteed. The coffee is decent and plentiful.
READY TO APPLY?
If the Account Executive or PR manager role sounds like something that doesn’t frighten the hell out of you, then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For both roles, please send your CV with a cover letter making sure you:
- Tell us why you want to build a career in financial services PR and communications
- Tell us your notice period (if applicable)
- Answer one of the following questions (max 500 words)
- Which financial services news story over the last couple of years has had the biggest impact on the industry? (Explain your reasons why)
- Which company has caught your attention over the last couple of years, for the right reasons? (Explain your reasons why)
- Which company has caught your attention over the last couple of years, for the wrong reasons? (Explain your reasons why)