Well, this feels odd to say after the year we’ve all had, but the lang cat is busier than we’ve ever been and we need to staff up a bit. We’ve got three positions open at the moment:
- A proposition development / business analyst to help us keep our Platform Analyser regtech software system moving along.
- A market insight analyst to help gather, analyse, write about and present the tonnes of platform, investment, adviser sentiment and other market data we generate better than we do right now.
- A marketing communications and content specialist to help us fulfil the increasing demand from clients for our strategic comms services.
Each links to its own page: I’ll send you off to investigate each opportunity in a moment, but before I do, a word about us and a word about you.
First things first, the lang cat is still not a huge business. This little hiring spree will take us up to 20 fine individuals. Life in a small business is really different to working in big firms – if you haven’t done it already then make sure you’re up for the change. There are plenty of good ‘pros and cons’ articles out there.
Second, we’re specialists in our field. We don’t put any time limit on experience that you must have in the sector – some folk learn more in a year than others do in ten – but this just can’t be the place for you if you’re not into platforms, investments, pensions and the advisory sector. Trust me, you’ll be miserable. But if you’re curious, motivated and into it, you shouldn’t worry if you have some gaps in your knowledge.
Third, no matter what role we’re recruiting for, there are six qualities we look for, and here they are:
- ACCOUNTABLE – we don’t do the slopey shoulder thing. No space for it in a small business.
- CURIOUS – there is plenty we all don’t know yet and the pursuit of it is always worthwhile.
- FLEXIBLE – we all get our hands dirty at the lang cat. No-one is above any job.
- ORGANISED – you have to have to have to be able to organise yourself. Don’t confuse our irreverent style with carelessness.
- CREATIVE – we know our stuff, but we’re also able to spot insights, hooks, angles and different approaches which others might miss.
- COLLABORATIVE – you’ve got one of the industry’s best teams at your disposal. We suggest you use it…